IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH HEREIN PLEASE DO NOT USE THE SERVICES.
WE DEFINE "PII" TO MEAN ANY INFORMATION RELATING TO AN IDENTIFIED OR IDENTIFIABLE NATURAL PERSON; AN IDENTIFIABLE NATURAL PERSON IS ONE WHO CAN BE IDENTIFIED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN PARTICULAR BY REFERENCE TO AN IDENTIFIER SUCH AS A NAME, AN IDENTIFICATION NUMBER, LOCATION DATA, AN ONLINE IDENTIFIER OR TO ONE OR MORE FACTORS SPECIFIC TO THE PHYSICAL, PHYSIOLOGICAL, GENETIC, MENTAL, ECONOMIC, CULTURAL OR SOCIAL IDENTITY OF THAT NATURAL PERSON.
Please also read Company's Term of Use at: https://support.ownli.co/hc/en-us/articles/360011275958-Terms-of-Use, which describes the terms under which you use our Services.
PII We Collect. In order to provide and improve our Services, we may collect information you provide and other information as detailed below. In addition, we may collect your PII from third parties, your location data from your submitted photos, your user information, your insurers and insurance plans information, communications you send us and aggregate data. We also may collect and record PII through your use of the Services, such as your IP address, cookie information, although we do not constantly do it. At any time, you may opt-out from receiving service related communications, newsletters and promotional communications from us.
How We Use Your PII. We use your PII for purposes such as providing you with, improving and operating our Services, to learn how to adjust and personalize your use of the Services, to verify that you are actively insured with your selected insurer to provide a benefit.
Links. The Services may contain links to other services, sites and applications that are subject to their own privacy and data protection policies.
Children. We do not intend to collect PII from anyone we know to be under 16 years old. If you believe that we might have collected such information, please contact us.
PII Sharing. We grant access to your PII to our affiliates, agents, suppliers and representatives. In addition, we may share your PII if required for the provision, maintenance and improvement of the Services; to satisfy applicable law; when permitted by you; or in the event of a merger, acquisition or other structural change or form of sale of part or all of our assets.
PII Security and Retention. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your PII, however, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We retain PII only for as long as necessary to meet our legal and ethical obligations, which for different types of PII will be different periods.
Data Integrity. We process PII only for the purposes for which it was collected and take reasonable steps to ensure that the PII we process is accurate, complete and current. However, we depend on you to rectify your PII when necessary.
Your Rights. At any time, you may contact us and request to exercise your rights in accordance with applicable law. For more details see Section 9 below.
Enforcement. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities to resolve any formal written complaints regarding processing of PII that cannot be resolved between us and the complaining individual.
Consent to Processing. Your PII may be stored and processed in a country outside the country of your residence or from which you access the Services. Transfers of your PII outside the European Economic Area will comply with applicable laws.
Do Not Track Notices. We do not respond to Do Not Track signals.
- PII We Collect and How We Use It. In order to provide and improve our Services, we may collect PII, including the following types of information:
- Information You Provide. For registration purposes and some of the features of the Services we ask you for personal information, including: name, driving and car related photos/images, including without limitation, a license plate image, odometer images with mileage parameters, vehicle state, vehicle make, vehicle module, location information from the photo, email address, phone number, auto insurance provider, details regarding your car insurance policy, including without limitation characteristics, and your insurance identifiers (policy number), IP address, device ID, and any other data you choose to provide when you use our Services, create a user account or contact us.
- Third Parties. We sometimes supplement the information that you provide with information that is received from third parties. You may login to our Services by connecting your Facebook, Google or other social accounts, in which case we will receive your Facebook/Google name, e-mail, user id, and any other information you choose to share with us via such account. If you interact with any social media or other third party plug-in in the Services (such as a "share" on Facebook) we may receive information from the respective platforms, including account information such as your photo and any information defined as public pursuant to the policies of such third party platform and/your settings therein.
- User Communications. When you send email or other communication to the Company, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our Services. We may send you push notifications to send you news, reminders and updates in respect of the Services. We may also send you newsletters and promotional communications, you may opt-out of this service at any time using the unsubscribe link available in all emails you will get from us. We may contact you with important information regarding our Services. For example, we may notify you (through any of the means available to us) of changes or updates to our Services, billing issues, service changes, reports, password-retrieval notices, etc. You will be able to opt-out of receiving such service communications at any time using the unsubscribe link available in all emails you will get from us.
- User Information. We do not constantly track your location via GPS/GNSS or sensor data in the background. We may however, extract metadata from the photos you provide to detect fraud which includes the image location, time, and other information from your device and browser, including connectivity, your IP address, cookie information, search history, device ID, and your regional and language settings and software and hardware attributes. An IP address is a numeric code that identifies your device on a network, or in this case, the Internet. Your IP address is also used to gather broad demographic information.
- Data received from Insurance Companies. You hereby agree to provide us with certain PII concerning your insurance, or have your insurer provide this PII directly to us. This may include details regarding your policy, characteristics, and your insurance identifiers. This allows us to verify that you are actively insured with them so we can provide a reward.
- Aggregate and Analytical Data. In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the customers of the Services, we may conduct research on its customer demographics, interests and behavior based on the PII and other information provided to us. This research may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis, and we may share this aggregate data with its affiliates, agents, suppliers and business partners. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our services to current and prospective business partners, and to other third parties for other lawful purposes. We also use aggregate data for monetization.
- Cookies. In order to store your credentials when you contact us, collect the data described herein and provide the Services, we may use temporary cookies that remain on your device for a limited period of time. We may also use persistent cookies that remain on your device until the Company's application is removed, in order to manage and maintain the services and record your use of the Services. Cookies by themselves cannot be used to discover the identity of the user. A cookie is a small piece of information which is sent to and stored on your device. Cookies do not damage your device. Most browsers or devices may allow you to block cookies but you may not be able to use some features on the Services if you block them. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie (this enables you to decide if you want to accept it or not).
- Personalized and Interest Based Ads. Our Services may include interest based ads, which means advertisements we believe that may be valuable to you, based on the PII provided to us. Such ads may be placed by us or our third party affiliates and service providers.
- Links. Links to other services, sites and applications may be provided by the Company as a convenience to our users. The Company is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other sites and applications and you visit them at your own risk. This privacy statement applies solely to PII collected by us.
- Children. If you are a child under the age of 16, you must obtain parental consent prior to using our Services. The Company will not knowingly contact or engage with children under the age of 16 without said parental consent. If you have reason to believe that a child has provided us with their PII, please contact us at the address given above and we will endeavor to delete that PII from our databases.
- PII Sharing. As part of providing the Services our affiliates, agents, suppliers and representatives may have access to your PII. The Company may also share PII in the following circumstances: (a) as required for the provision, maintenance and improvement of the Services; (b) to facilitate, operate, and provide our Services; (c) to authenticate the identity of our users, and to allow them to access and use our Services; (d) to train and improve our AI and computer vision algorithms, and to further develop, customize and improve the Services and your user experience based on common or personal preferences, experiences and difficulties; (e) if we become involved in a reorganization, merger, consolidation, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of our assets; (f) to satisfy applicable law or prevention of fraud or harm or to enforce applicable agreements and/or their terms, including investigation of potential violations thereof; and/or (g) as required for the provision of the Services, with your selected insurer, including without limitation: (i) provide your insurer with PII required to confirm that you are insured with such insurer, (ii) in accordance with the instructions of your insurer, including in cases where your use of our Services is part of your agreement with your insurer and you have granted your insurer authorization to receive such your PII from us, and (iii) in the event you have authorized us to do so automatically by providing us with your insurer and policy details.
- PII Security and Retention. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of PII. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your PII, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We keep your PII only for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any applicable legal or ethical reporting or document retention requirements. Company will retain PII in accordance with its record retention policy. PII associated with our customers will be retained for a period of seven years. Company performs periodic reviews of our databases, and have established specific time limits for data retention, based on the criticality of the PII and the purposes of the data processing. We will also retain PII to meet any audit, compliance and business best-practices.
- Your Rights.
- Right of Access and Rectification. You have the right to know what PII we collect about you and to ensure that such data is accurate and relevant for the purposes for which we collected it. We allow our users the option to access and obtain a copy of their PII and to rectify such PII if it is not accurate, complete or updated. However we may first ask you to provide us certain credentials to permit us to identify your PII.
- Right to Delete PII or Restrict Processing. You have the right to delete your PII or restrict its processing. We may postpone or deny your request if your PII is in current use for the purposes for which it was collected or for other legitimate purposes such as compliance with legal obligations.
- Right to Withdraw Consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your PII. Exercising this right will not affect the lawfulness of processing your PII based on your consent before its withdrawal.
- Right of Data Portability. Where technically feasible, you have the right to ask to transfer your PII in accordance with your right to data portability.
- You may exercise the above rights by sending a request to email@example.com.
- Right to Lodge Complaint. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority regarding the processing of your PII.
- Do Not Track Notices. You are also advised that Company does not respond to "Do Not Track" signals.
Last Date Updated: March 1, 2021